Respiratory Care Department
The Respiratory Care Department at Titus Regional Medical Center provides a wide variety of respiratory care for inpatients and outpatients of all ages—neonatal, pediatrics, adolescent and geriatric. Our respiratory staff works as a team with physicians, physician assistants, nurses and other hospital staff to evaluate, treat and care for patients with cardiopulmonary disorders.
The Respiratory Care Department is staffed with Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCPs) that are licensed by the Texas State Department of Health Services and Registered/Certified by the National Board of Respiratory Care. The Respiratory Care Department functions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, under the direction of a physician.
As a department, therapists collectively strive to provide and administer very good care to the people of Titus County and surrounding communities.
Outpatient Respiratory Therapy Services Include:
- ABG Puncture and Analysis with Co-Oximetry
- Aerosol/Brochodilator Therapy
- MDI Therapy
- Oxygen Saturation
- Patient Education
- Pulmonary Function Testing
- Tobacco Cessation
- Walking Oxygen Saturation Study
Rehab is a team approach to improving the health of people with chronic pulmonary disease, which combines exercise with educational programs to help improve day-to-day activities and improve quality of life. People diagnosed with COPD such as emphysema, asthma and chronic bronchitis benefit most from pulmonary rehabilitation.
- Enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living
- Reduced occurrence of respiratory symptoms
- Improved feelings of control over COPD with less anxiety and depression
- Reduced frequency of hospitalizations
- Increased knowledge of your disease and how to manage it
For more information, please contact us at 903-577-6567