To lead the transformation for healthier tomorrows in OUR communities.
To be the catalyst in rural America, transcending barriers to health through a culture of excellence and compassion.
Titus County Hospital District d/b/a Titus Regional Medical Center is a 174-bed Joint Commission accredited hospital located in Mount Pleasant, Texas. Our mission is to lead the transformation for healthier tomorrows in OUR communities as we strive to be the catalyst in rural America, transcending barriers to health through a culture of excellence and compassion.
A hospital committee of private citizens was formed in the summer of 1949. An election was held in November of 1950, at which time, by a substantial majority, the people voted bonds for construction of a 32-bed hospital in association with the federal government under the Hill-Burton Act. The land on which the Titus County Memorial Hospital is located was donated by Mrs. J. H. Goates in 1950.
Titus Regional Medical Center, which is owned by the people of Titus County, is governed by an elected Board of Managers. Today, there are seven Board Members, one from each precinct and three at-large. Until April of 1982, the Commissioners and the County Judge appointed six trustees to govern the hospital. The hospital opened in December of 1953 with a capacity of 32 beds. The medical staff consisted of six physicians. The hospital staff consisted of 30 employees. In 1963 the Texas legislature created the Titus County Hospital District, which governs the affairs of Titus Regional Medical Center.
In 1959, the south wing of Titus County Memorial Hospital was opened, increasing the bed capacity to 52. The west wing was opened in 1967 which increased the bed capacity to 71. In 1975, construction began on the present facility with a completion date to be in 1978. On April 1, 1978, Titus County Memorial Hospital consolidated with the Mt. Pleasant Hospital and Clinic, making a total bed capacity of 97, which included an eight bed ICU/CCU and a seven bed obstetrical unit.
In August of 1983, 67 beds were added bringing our total bed capacity to 164. In December of 1987, the hospital added a fixed CT scanner. In 1988, a 4,000 square foot Business Office and Administrative space addition was completed.
In September of 1994, the Medical Office Building was opened, offering physicians office space within the hospital. Also added during this construction phase were the Rehabilitation Center and the Cardiac Rehabilitation Lab. Shortly after, the name of this facility changed to Titus Regional Medical Center to better represent the total scope of services rendered. Since this time, many other venues have opened up through Titus Regional Medical Center, making TRMC the premier healthcare facility of the rural Northeast Texas Community.
At present, there are approximately 50 active members on the medical staff and the hospital staff consists of approximately 700 employees. Titus Regional Medical Center is accredited by the Joint Commission and is licensed for 174 beds, making TRMC a true regional leader in healthcare.