Intensive Care – ICU
Highly Skilled Care for Critically Ill Patients
Located on the third floor of TRMC, the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) provides highly skilled nursing and medical care for critically ill patients. Using sophisticated medical equipment and advanced patient monitoring technology, our compassionate staff provides comprehensive care for patients with serious conditions, such as those recovering from heart attacks, stroke, major trauma and other complex illnesses.
To meet each patient's unique critical needs, our healthcare team uses a multi-disciplinary approach involving Critical Intensivist and Hospitalist Physicians, Registered Nurses, Dieticians, Pharmacists, Physical Therapists, Respiratory Therapists and Social Workers. These talented professionals meet daily for interdisciplinary rounds collaborating together in a team approach with the common goal of optimizing the health of each patient in the Intensive Care Unit.
Providing compassionate, safe and expert care is the focus of our team in the TRMC Intensive Care Unit. Staff are required to have advanced training and certification in advanced Cardiac and Trauma courses, which allows our experienced team to respond quickly to emergencies or any other patient need.
Visiting hours for the TRMC ICU are from 8:00a.m. to 1:00p.m., 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., daily. Individual alteration from visiting times are frequently assessed and changes incorporated that are in the best interests of the patients and family members.
ICU Visitation Guidelines
To promote patient rest and recovery, we ask that all visitors to our ICU respect the following guidelines:
- Visits with ICU Patients should be limited to the times posted on this site. Please limit visitors to two at a time.
- Visitation is restricted during nighttime hours to allow our patients the uninterrupted rest needed for recovery.
- Visit times may be adjusted or visitors may be asked to leave if certain conditions arise. You may be asked to wait before entering the unit if we are taking new patient admissions, there is an emergency in the unit, or at the nurse’s discretion based on the patient’s condition.
- Children under twelve are not allowed to visit due to infection control concerns.
- Patients cannot receive fresh flowers or balloons. These can interfere with allergies of other patients due to the open environment of the ICU.
- 8am - 1pm
- 3pm - 6pm
- 8pm - 9pm